This week I created a patterned mural for a baby nursery. The goal was to create rows of cactuses to create the look of wallpaper. I used fluid acrylics which can be watered down to mimic the look of watercolor.
With these paints, I was able to create a washy look with a variety of lights and darks which gave the cactuses a more interesting look.
Before I started painting the cactuses, I cut 2 different cactus shapes out of paper to use as my outline. On alternate rows I flipped the cactuses in the opposite direction which helped to create 4 different silhouettes.
As you can see, I was pretty happy with the results! My friend gave me a charcoal facial in the during my time painting and she commented on how well I was "multi-masking!" :)
This room is a really fun and unique boy room with so much texture and energy and will be a room he can definitely grow in!